Forty-five individual Frisco ISD spelling bee champions took the stage Wednesday at Frisco High School in a competition to determine who would advance to the Collin County Spelling Bee.
The elementary and middle school students won spelling bees at their respective schools to qualify for the Fourth Annual Frisco ISD Spelling Bee.
Round by round, students displayed their wit and spelling prowess.
In the end, it was Scoggins Middle School eighth grader Karthik Nemmani who took first place after successfully spelling the word “guichet.” The word, which originates from French, refers to a grating, hatch or small opening in a wall, often a ticket-office window.
Nemmani and the other five top finishers advance to the Collin County bee, scheduled for Feb. 8 in Plano.
Congratulations and good luck to the following students:
- First Place - Karthik Nemmani, eighth grader at Scoggins Middle School
- Second Place - Samarth Khurana, fourth grader at Mooneyham Elementary
- Third Place - Praneeth Akkineni, eighth grader at Wester Middle School
- Fourth Place - Avaneesh Mantrala, fifth grader at Ashley Elementary
- Fifth Place - Rajas Ketkar, seventh grader at Cobb Middle School
- Sixth Place - Aniketh Yatam, seventh grader at Hunt Middle School