Kindergarten Round Up: April 7-11
Click here for Kindergarten Roundup Information
- A student is able to attend our full-day kindergarten program if they are five years of age or older on or before September 1 of the school year.
- A student who is younger than five years of age as of September 1 may enter kindergarten if they are able to pass the third grade STAAR test.
- A child may be enrolled in the first grade if he or she is at least six years of age at the beginning of the current school year or has been enrolled in the first grade, or completed kindergarten, in the public schools of another state prior to transferring to the District.
- If a student's parent(s) wants the child to enter first grade prior to their 6th birthday and the student's 6th birthday is before December 31, he or she may take the kindergarten acceleration test to see if he or she may be placed in the first grade. This test is administered in the spring for young people who already reside in the district and are seeking a placement for the upcoming school year.
- If a student moves into the district in the summer or early fall, they may enter kindergarten and then take the test in the fall and be placed into the first grade accordingly based on the outcome of the test.
For more information on kindergarten please contact your elementary school.
2014 - 2015 Kindergarten Registration
Below are the forms needed to register your child for Kindergarten in Frisco ISD. Please complete the forms and deliver them to your child’s campus along with other necessary documentation listed below. All forms are also available at the schools. In late July of 2014, you will receive a letter via e-mail/mail that will give you a code to complete your student(s) registration online. For more info, visit the Enrollment/Registration information page.
See Kindergarten Questions and Answers above for more information.
- Health Records/Immunizations
- Copy of Social Security Card (if applicable)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Parent’s Driver License
- Proof of Residence (utility bill, lease agreement, contract of sale or closing papers)
- Home Language Survey Form